The Best Tofu Scramble
Its been a very exciting week this week (in this still very new blogging world), firstly I’ve started to contribute to an amazing raw food blog Raw Kiwi, secondly I received a massive box full of coconut goodies from The Coconut Merchant which I can’t wait to try and start creating some new recipes with and I’m also very much looking forward to my first workshop next week! Very exciting!
So back to the food! Have you tried scrambled tofu before? I think my tofu scramble could give scrambled eggs a run for its money its money any day. It’s rich and creamy and the turmeric gives it a gorgeous golden colour. Perfect with sourdough or rye toast, flatbreads or roasted veggies.
And it’s packed full of healthy ingredients; tofu for plantbased protein, kake, spinach, garlic and turmeric.
Just a note on tofu, I’m still experimenting to try and find the best varieties and brands for different recipes. The one I used here was an organic silken tofu by Clearspring and it worked so well for my tofu scramble delivering a rich and creamy scramble.
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Handful spinach (optional)
- Handful kale (optional)
- 1 pack silken tofu chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp tamari
- Pinch chili flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Best with; toast, flatbreads, buckwheat pancakes
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and add the spring onions. Fry until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic, turmeric, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Cook a a further minute.
- Next add in the kale and spinach and stir until they have wilted, then add the tofu and mix everything to combine.
- Finally add the tamari, chili flakes, any further salt and pepper if you think it needs it and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Great served with toast or flat bread. I like a little bit of kimchi on the side!