Peanut Butter, Chickpea & Chocolate Blondies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Isn’t it amazing what you can do with chickpeas? They’ve got to be one of my all time favourite ingredients, just think of all the delicious things you can make; countless types of hummus, curries & strews, roasted with spices and even desserts.
I can’t claim this delicious recipe as my original idea, as I spotted a few Chickpea blondie recipes on Pinterest and decided I had to give them a go – And I love the result. Super peanutty with chunks of delicious chocolate running through them.
These blondies are incredibly easy to make, you literally just need to blend and bake. The hardest thing is not trying to cut them up or eat them before they’ve completely cooled. This is important as they can be quite crumbly.
And of course they are not only vegan but gluten & refined sugar free. I find that’s it’s often the most simple of ingredients if given the proper care and attention that become the tastiest meals. The humble & versatile chickpea really shines here.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut or almond milk
- Pinch sea Salt
- Vegan chocolate broken in to small chunks – I used Ombar
- Coconut sugar
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the chocolate to a food processor and mix until smooth & creamy.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks. Then into the baking tray, smooth out so that it’s even and then sprinkle with a little coconut sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tray and slicing.Enjoy!