Golden Ginger & Turmeric Cookies (vegan and gluten free)
I made these little golden warming cookies the other day as a client was coming over for a day of food styling. I thought it would be nice to welcome them with a lovely just baked, deliciously warm and gooey cookies.
And these are pretty special as they contain fresh ginger and turmeric. Yes, fresh turmeric with its rich golden colour and amazing anti inflammatory properties. But don’t worry if you can’t find fresh as ground is also amazing and will give the same colour and benefits – They taste absolutely delicious!
Lovely crunchy cookies with gorgeous warming spices and did I mention the other wholesome ingredients? Ground almonds, mixed seeds, oats, desiccated coconut, coconut oil, lots of spices and 1 banana and a little coconut honey for sweetness.
My clients loved them thankfully which is always an brilliant test! I hope you do to…
Love Niki xx
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cups organic gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (I used a mix of sunflower, pumpkin and linseed and sesame )
- 1 cup dessicated coconut- I used Coconut Merchant
- Pinch pink salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 knob fresh ginger – grated
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric grated or 11/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut honey (or maple syrup/rice malt syrup)- I used Coconut Merchant
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil – I used Coconut Merchant
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Pre-heat your oven to gas Mark 5
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (low heat) and then pour into a separate bowl, add in the banana’s, coconut honey, almond butter, fresh ginger and turmeric – mix to combine everything.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix really well to combine everything.
- Shape the mix into balls and pop them onto a lined baking tray (I rub with a little coconut to stop them sticking).
- Bake for aprox 20-25 minutes until slightly brown on the outside.