Crispy Coconut Cauliflower with Minty Peas & Pita
The weekend before last as I had the most wonderful weekend as I got to spend it with some very lovely foodies. On Saturday a fellow blogger, health coach and plant based advocate came across from Italy to spend time cooking, chatting, food styling, generally sharing ideas and the challenges of being a full time food blogger. We had a lot to talk about!
Having spent many years working in a office I’m still finding my way a freelancer and the one thing I do miss is the support and just the opportunity to share ideas with your colleagues. That’s why it’s so important to have a network of fellow bloggers and freelancers to chat to and generally support each other. I’ve said it before but connecting with like minded people really is one of the best bits!
And then on the Sunday I spent the afternoon with a couple cooking up a vegan feast at a private cooking class. Again it’s so heartening to spend time with people who share your passion for good plantbased food and a just a general love of food!
I created this deliciously moorish crispy cauliflower with minty peas the other day and I’ve got say it’s pretty darn good! I’ve got a massive coconut crush going on right now – Think lovely roast cauliflower coated in a crispy, slightly spicy coconut coating. The combination of the cauliflower with the minty peas works so well, especially when stuffed into a pita bread with fresh tahini dressing and crunchy seeds. Somehow it seems to be both comforting and fresh and light at the same time. Just so good!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cauliflower broken into smallish florets
- Crumb mix;
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Zest 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Batter mix;
- 1 cup almond milk
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pea mash;
- 500g peas
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful coriander
- Tahini dressing
- Toasted sunflower seeds
- Flatbread or pitas
- Firstly add the oats to a food processor or high speed blender and blitz for a few seconds so that you get a semi fine crumb. Transfer to a large bowl then add in all the other crumb mix ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Add all the batter mix ingredients to another bowl and mix throughly
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter then crumb mix in batches then pop onto a large baking tray. (Shake off the excess crumb mix)
- Bake gas mark 5 for 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- To make the pea mash – add all the ingredients to your food processor or blender and blitz until you get a slightly chunky mash.
- Serve the crispy cauliflower loaded into flatbreads or pitas with the minty peas, lots of tahini dressing, mint, coriander & toasted seeds.