Buckwheat Flatbread Pizza with Beetroot Hummus and Cashew Cheese
I love pizza! And this is my absolute favourite – a big buckwheat flatbread pizza base with earthy and nutty beetroot hummus, topped with creamy cashew cheese, olives, toasted walnuts and peppery rocket.
I’ve posted so many pics of this on my Instagram account because this is one of my all time favourite quick and easy meals, especially when I’ve just got home from work, starving and want something super tasty!
So for all you lovelies who have asked for the recipe here it is! Finally in one place rather than on separate posts.
Enjoy! Love and hugs Niki xx
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- To make the cashew cheese;
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garic
- 1 tbs. wholegrain mustard
- Pinch Himalayan salt and black pepper
- To make the buckwheat flatbread;
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Beetroot Hummus;
- 200g of cooked beetroot or 1 pack of organic vac packed beetroot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Hand full of toasted walnuts (or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- Pink Himalayan sea & pepper
- Toasted walnuts
- Really easy, just add all the ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
Flatbread Pizza Base
- To make the buckwheat flatbread; pre-heat a griddle pan (or frying pan) so that its nice and hot.
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil, baking powder, salt & pepper and then add the water. Mix to form a dough and knead a little so that it comes together and then divide into two.
- On a floured chopping board roll out the dough and then place on a griddle pan (griddle pans work the best as you get lovely charred stripes on the flatbread but a frying pan also works).
- The flatbread will literally cook in a couple of minutes, simply flip it over when the underside is starting to char and cook on the other side a minute or so longer.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and then place your nuts on a baking tray to toast slightly (this should take aprox 5 minutes, keep your eye on them to make sure they don’t burn). Allow to cool.
- If using pre cooker beetroot drain the beetroots and then tip them into your blender.
Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin seeds, nuts and olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth (aprox 2 minutes). Season to taste
To make the pizza
- Pre-make the cashew cheese and beetroot hummus.
- Griddle you flatbread them top with lots of beetroot hummus, cashew cheese, olives, walnuts and peppery rocket.