Banana Coconut Porridge
I’m loving all my Coconut Merchant goodies and its inspiring me to make even more healthy coconut based dishes.
I was definitely in the mood for porridge this morning – I usually go for overnight oats rather than porridge as I really love cold oats in the morning (I think I had them in various combinations for around 10yrs as I find them so additive) however sometimes only porridge hits the mark and I know that lots of people prefer warming porridge right? Plus to make these creamy banana and coconut oats it really does work better if you cook the banana and coconut into the oats as they become super creamy and naturally sweet. You can use either water or nut milk to make the porridge – nut milk will give you a slightly sweater taste. I have also added a little maca for extra protein and it gives the porridge a lovely malty taste. I topped my porridge with coconut yogurt and coconut flakes (how much coconutty goodness!) and a little almond butter and fresh raspberries. It would also be delicious with blueberries, strawberries or mango.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1small banana mashed
- 1 cup water or nut milk
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 – 2 tsp Organic Burst maca (Optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut merchant dessicated coconut
- Almond butter
- Coconut merchant toasted coconut flakes
- Coyo Coconut yoghurt
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add the oats, banana, dessicated coconut and water/nut milk to a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the oats are creamy (you may want to add some maple syrup if you like it a little sweeter – taste and see).
- I like to top with; almond butter, coconut yogurt (for extra coconutty flavour), raspberries, toasted coconut flakes and seeds