Baked Banana, Raspberry and Chia Oatmeal
This is what Sunday’s are made for.. Lazy baked oatmeal (in bed for Andy). If you havent tried it before it’s like a cross between porridge and a delicious warm flapjack – so yummy! I make my baked banana oatmeal quite often but I thought it would be nice to mix it up a little today and tweak the recipe and bake it in individual pots for a change.
I’ve added delicious raspberries as a slightly sharp contrast to the sweet and creamy bananas and chia seeds and cashews for some plant based protein. You can use any sweetener you like; maple, honey, agave but I like to use coconut syrup for this recipe.
You can also make a few and keep them in your fridge for a ready made breakfast.
- 1/2 cup gluten free organic oats
- 1 mashed up banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp sweetener – coconut syrup, maple, honey, agave
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 banana cut into slices
- Few more raspberries
- Heat the oven to a medium heat.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then add in the banana, sweetener, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Mix everything together and the divide between two ramekins. Top with some banana slices and raspberries.
- Bake for aprox 25 minutes then allow to cool for a few minutes as they will be too hot to eat straightaway.
- You might like to drizzle with some maple syrup.