10 minute Chickpea Curry with Coriander Dressing
Need a delicious and nutritious meal in minutes, then this ones for you. And we all have days like that right?
All you need is some cooked chickpeas, I used organic tin chickpeas in water, some delicious spices and few tomatoes and voila a really delicious and satisfying meal.
If you have a little more time and I mean a maximum of 5 minutes then you can whip up my favourite coriander, lemon & tahini dressing which completely elevates the meal. As you know I really think that crunch is important so I topped everything with some of my delicious toasted sunflower seeds. Quick, hearty and delicious! Enjoy x
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 8 cherry tomatoes chopped – I used yellow
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- Pinch cayanne to taste
- Tahini coriander dresssing;
- Handful Coriander
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Splash water
- Toasted seeds
To make the tomato curry;
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and heat to a medium heat. Add in the mustard seeds. When they start to pop add in the cumin seeds and turmeric. Stir for a few seconds then add in the onion. Fry for aprox 5 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes & water. Simmer for 3 minutes then the chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes.
To make the coriander dressing;
- Add all the ingredients to a mini chopper or pestle and mortar and blitz until you get a paste.
- Add more water to get the deserved consistency.
Divide the chickpeas between two bowls, drizzle with the dressing & top with toasted seeds. Great scooped up with some flatbreads.