Warm Puy Lentil Salad with Beetroot and Hazelnuts
Are you feeling like you’ve over indulged over Christmas? I feel like I have been for been for weeks! Parties, meals, not so much time for exercising and more wine…unavoidable and fun but I’m looking forward to focusing on healthy meals and new fitness goals in January.
We’re still in beautiful Spain and it can be a little hard to get all my usual ingredients in the local shops (tahini where are you?); although the local Carrefour we go to has more organic produce every time we come back over which is great!
I decided to make this super nourishing warm puy lentil salad with beetroot, hazelnuts, pomegranate and lots of mint to counter some of the rich Christmas food. The ginger and organic apple cider vinegar in the dressing have cleansing properties and complements the earthiness of the lentils end beetroot perfectly and I love the deliciously sweet and savoury contrasting flavours here.
We’re off to Bacrcelona in the couple of days and I can’t wait to visit all my favourite restaurants! I’m going to try and finally finish off my healthy Barca restaurant guide as well.
Here’s to a healthy 2016!
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup organic puy lentils
- 2 cups grated beetroot – Cooked or raw
- 1/2 cup toasted hazel nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups mint finely chopped
- Dressing Ingredients;
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 knob ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add your lentil to a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for aprox 20 minutes until tender. Take off the heat and pour them into a bowl.
- Add in the beetroot, hazel nuts, pomegranate and mint.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine, then pour over the lentils. Stir everything well to combine.