Warm Asparagus, Roast New Potato & Pea Salad
This recipe couldn’t be easier but tastes absolutely amazing!! Super simple ingredients – fresh veg straight from the garden and with lovely spring like flavours this warm salad is really delicious.
I’m so lucky that Andy is pretty obsessed with the garden right now which means we have six raised veggie beds, a greenhouse with lots of herbs and tomatoes soon I hope! What could be better?
Last year Andy planted asparagus and but nothing much happens in the first year but now we have these delicious shoots sprouting. Fresh, crunchy and delicious.
I decided to roast some organic new potatoes in oil, fresh rosemary from the garden & sea salt until they became crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside as the base for the salad. I then quickly charred the asparagus, cooked some peas (freezer staple) and finally whipped up a delicious wholegrain mustard dresssing. The result was fresh, comforting, wholesome, healthy & delicious, I was very happy! I hope you like this one.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
- 800g Organic new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt – 1/2 tsp
- Handful Fresh rosemary
- 3 cups peas
- 2 handfuls asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 12 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 handfuls Rocket
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 5 (190c).
- Add the potatoes to a roasting tray (I cut some of the larger ones in half) then tosd to coat them on olive oil, garlic powder, salt & fresh rosemary. Roast for aprox 40 minutes until crispy on the outside.
- Wash & trim the asparagus then add to a griddle or frying pan with the oil. Cook for 4/5 minutes on a medium heat. Turning frequently to ensure they don’t burn. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Add the frozen peas to a pan of boiling water and cook for a few minutes until warm.
To make the dressing;
- Add all the ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Layer the potatoes, peas, asparagus & rocket on a plate. Toss in the dresssing.