Vegan Chocolate Hearts with Salted Soft Nutty Centre
It’s Valentine’s Day at the weekend so I decided to make some homemade chocs for Andy! He’s actually nearly finished them off already but that’s ok, right? I needed him to taste test them if I was going to post them on my blog and they certainly have his seal of approval.
The great is thing is they are super simple (most of my recipes are) and can me made in 30 mins tops. You do need a chocolate mould though, I think I got mine from Amazon.
So the chocolates! Vegan and refined sugar free – rich and creamy cacao butter and raw cacao to which I added in a tbsp of Your Superfoods organic Chocolate Lovers mix for a superfood boost – a mix of cacao, carob, coconut, chia seeds & lacuma. I was lucky enough to get a delivery of their mixes last week and I’ve got to say I love them – delicious and a really unique mix of Superfoods. I’ve been happily adding them of my smoothies since then.
But I think the best thing about these cuties is the soft nut butter centre. The gooey little ball of salted nut butter inside the creamy rich chocolate is divine. I mean seriously good.
As there are literally two left I’m going to have to make another batch for Sunday clearly! Would love to know what you think if you make them…
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup cocao butter melted
- 1 tbsp Your Superfood Chocolate Lover Mix
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Centre ingredients;
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Once you have very gently melted the coconut butter in a saucepan, combine it in a bowl with the raw cacao, maple syrup, chocolate lovers mix and almond essence. Mix to combine.
- Pour some of the chocolate mix into the chocolate moulds – stop about half way up. Them pop into the freezer to firm up for 10-15 minutes. Set the remaining chocolate mix aside.
- Mix the filling ingredients in a small bowl then roll into little balls. Place the balls in the middle of the now firm chocolates the pour the remaining chocolate mix over the top.
- Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes until firm.
- Store in the fridge.