Tahini & Miso Cauliflower Steaks & A Cookbook Giveaway
So I have a very special recipe today – Tahini & Miso Cauliflower Steaks from my lovely friend, blogger, food writer & stylist Natalie’s new cookbook – The Goodness of Nuts & Seeds – which she has kindly given me two copies of to run a little competition.
I love new cookbooks and trying out the recipes, especially if they have been lovingly created like this one.
I decided to make Natalie Tahini & Miso Cauliflower Steaks and loved it, really simple to make and I absolutely adore roast cauliflower so I’m always looking for new recipes! The dressing is delicious; miso, rice wine vinegar and tahini. And I love that Natalie has also roasted the other leaves of the cauliflower – a recent discovery and I’m hooked!
You can see my version of Natalie’s lovely recipe below.
About the book;
The book contains so many delicious selection of recipes all centred about nuts and seeds.
Natalie would love to change the way we look at the humble nut and seed smart, easy and flavour-packed recipes for everyday cooking for good…how to introduce these nutrient-rich heroes with minimum fuss. Natalie believes we need to reassess the way we consume nuts and seeds at home and encourages us to celebrate their versatility, using them as the basis for as many of our everyday meals as possible.
Nuts & seeds are nutritional powerhouses and help maintain a healthy heart, support your immune system, give you glowing skin and keep your brain in good condition. And most importantly the taste amazing!
Not only do the recipes sound delicious the book is beautifully styled & photographed by Natalie.
Recipes I really like; Raw Peach Melba cheesecake, Chia, Raspbery & Coconut slice, Cashew, Olive & Seed Tapanade and of course the Tahini & Miso Cauliflower Steaks
Things to note;
– The book IS NOT plant based but the focus is on nuts & seeds which are of course nutritional power houses and perfect when you’re a vegan or vegetarian.
– Comp only open to UK residents I’m afraid as I’ll be posting them out!
– Comment below saying why you’d like to win a copy of The Goodness of Nuts & Seeds
– 2 people will be chosen at random.
– Closes – 25th March 2017.
Photography by The Gaztronome
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 large cauliflower head, sliced into steaks (inner leaves separated and outer leaves discarded)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil, plus extra
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds
- A handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Place the cauliflower and leaves, spaced apart, on a
roasting tray (you may need two).
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, garlic, miso paste, tahini paste, rice vinegar and some seasoning, then use a pastry brush to generously coat the cauliflower until evenly covered. Drizzle generously with some extra oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender, golden and the leaves are crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Before serving, sprinkle over