Sweet Potato Mole with Ombar Chocolate
I have a delicious and fun recipe for you and I’m super excited to be collaborating with Ombar to create some recipes and videos over the next few months.
If you haven’t tried Ombar’s amazing range of raw organic chocolate you’re definitely missing out. Their cacao is sourced from the best Ecuadorian cacao farms, plus all the chocolate is raw to preserve all the goodness. My favs are; Coconut & vanilla Centres and the buttons are totally addictive!
So here it is, my first recipe – a delicious sweet potato mole with quinoa. Have you tried mole before? It’s a incredible nutty, spicy Mexican sauce where the secret ingredients are peanut butter & yes you guessed it – chocolate!
In my recipe you actually get a double chocolate hit here, some cooked into the sauce and then a raw 72% ombar grated on top at the end. It’s seriously good and made even better served with quinoa and creamy avocado.
And I made a little video to show you just how easy it is to make – I hope you enjoy!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Mole sauce;
- 1 onion- rough diced
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp ancho chili paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 bar of Ombar 90% chocolate
- 1 medium sweet potatoes chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 avocado
- Ombar 72 % or 90% chocolate grated
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add to your food processor or high speed blender along with the rest of the mole sauce ingredients. Blitz until you get a smooth paste.
- Add to a large pan and then add the peanut butter, chocolate, sweet potato and courgette. Add the water then simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- To cook the quinoa; add to a saucepan with the water bring to the boil and then simmer until soft and fluffy – aprox 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve the mole with the quinoa, avocado, coriander and more chocolate grated over to the top.