Sweet Potato, Cauliflower and Peanut Stew
I don’t know about you but all I want to eat at this time of year is warm and comforting bowls of deliciously spicy steaming vegetables – when the weather is cold and grey this certainly hits the spot.
My sweet potato, cauliflower and peanut stew is a wonderful combination of nourishing vegetables with a creamy nutty sauce, then topped with more toasted peanuts of crunch. Perfect just as it is or with quinoa or flatbreads.
You can add as much peanut butter as you like – according to your personal taste, but I like mine super peanutty so I added 3 big tbsps. Delicious!
I hope you love this as much as me, I’d love to hear what you think?
- 6 shallots roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 1 can organic light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small cauliflower chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp tamari
- Chilli flakes
- Toasted peanuts
- 1. Add the oil to a large pan with a lid and heat to a medium heat then add in the shallots. Fry for aprox 8-10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add in the garlic, cumin seeds & turmeric coriander. Stir for a 30 seconds or so.
- Next add add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5-6 minutes then add in the water, coconut milk, sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on until the sweet potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir in the peanut butter, lime juice, tamari, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Top with toasted peanuts and fresh coriander.