Sweet Potato Bars with a Sweet Tahini Drizzle
I’ve been thinking about creating a sweet recipe using sweet potato for a little while now. My theory was that I could swap my usual banana which I use as a natural sweetener and use sweet potato instead. I’m very happy to say that it worked a treat!
Here’s the result; soft and delicious sweet potato breakfast bars, super healthy and packed with lovely wholesome ingredients like seeds, oats, spices and then sweetened with sweet potatoes & dates. And finally topped with a sweet tahini drizzle which adds a little sweetness and nuttiness – so good!
They may sound unusual but I really think you’re going to like these. 😊
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
- 350g cooked sweet potato
- 6 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla power
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups oats
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut peanut butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- Tahini Dressing;
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- Firstly peel and cube the sweet potato. Add to a medium sized saucepan with boiling water and simmer until tender. Drain.
- Add the dates and water to a food processor and blitz to a paste. Add all the dry ingredients to the food processor and blitz to combine, then add the sweet potato.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat, when melted add in the peanut butter & almond milk. Add this to the food processor and blitz again to mix everything thoroughly. The mix should be slightly wet.
- Grease a baking tray with a little coconut oil and then add the mix, pressing into the sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (gas mark 5) for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a little before dividing into bars.
- To make the tahini dressing; add all the ingredients to a mix chopper and blitz to combine.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the bars and then sprinkle over some seeds.