Superfood Breakfast Bars with Strawberry Chia Jam for #WakeUpToOrganic
It’s a beautiful day and I’m now sitting here in the sun as I’ve had productive day writing up recipes, cooking and studying.
So I’ve had the chance to write up my superfood breakfast bar recipe which I’ve been meaning to for a week now! I’m really happy to create two super delicious breakfast recipes for the WakeUpToOrganic campaign for the Organic Trade Board and The Soil Association. It’s such a cool campaign to take part in – lots of bloggers and chefs around the country will be creating delicious organic breakfasts at independent retailers to help raise awareness of eating organic. Breakfast is such an important meal (and my favourite meal) and I think its good to start the day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Unfortunately I can’t take part on the 15th and actually cook but I’m so happy to be creating a few special breakfast recipes for them!
As there are now local strawberries in the shops (yay) I really wanted to use them in my recipes, ripe juicy strawberries are just the best dont you think?
My first recipe is a perfect on the go breakie! Superfood breakfast bars topped with strawberry chia jam. These little guys are so good – yummy organic oats and packed with nuts, seeds and bananas. Not only are they healthy they’re extremely moorish and kids would love them.
You can learn more about the campaign here x
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- For the chia jam;
- 2 cups chopped organic strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 3 really ripe large bananas squished
- 2 cup oats ( I use organic gluten free)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup walnut peices
- 1/2 tsp cinamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essense
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp crunchy organic almond butter
- Flaked almonds
- To make the chia jam;
- Add the strawberries, maple syrup and chia to a small saucepan. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to ensure all the chia seeds are mixed in and everything is combined.
- Set aside
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl & add the mashed bananas
- Heat the maple syrup , coconut oil & almond butter in a saucepan over a low heat until combined
- Add the wet mix to the mixture & stir well until everything is combined (this shouldn’t be too wet).
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper & spread the mix on top, around an inch thick.
- Dollop the strawberry chia jam on top and spread over the mix, then sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly & then divide into squares