Superfood Blueberry Spirulina Chocolates
My superfood chocolate theme continues with these cute and yummy little heart shaped chocs. They’re made from completly natural ingredients, super creamy yet light at the same time and bursting with coconut and berry goodness – with some added maca and spirulina for a little added superfood boost. The pretty purple and green colours are created by the blueberry and spirulina
I bought the moulds a few weeks ago and haven’t had a chance to use them get but I love these sweet little heart shaped chocolates – they may look complicated but they’re really easy, the only slightly fiddly bit is creating the layers as you have to separate the mix into three but I think it’s worth it as the layers look so good!
I’ve used cacao butter here which adds some creaminess but if you don’t have any you can swap it for the same amount of coconut oil and the chocs will still be amazing.
If you prefer a hit of dark chocolate could you add 1 tbsp of raw cacao into your white chocolate mix.
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup (you could also use maple syrup or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tbsp maca
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil – I used coconut merchant
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cacao butter melted – I used coconut merchant
- Tiny pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp blueberry powder – I used Arctic Berries
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- Add your cashews, sweetener, vanilla, maca, lemon juice and salt to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Melt very slowly on a low heat. Add to the food processor and mix to combine.
- Divide the base mix into three then add the blueberry powder to one part and the spirulina to another. Mix the powders in thoroughly to combine.
- Layer the different colour mixes into your choc moulds – I made random layers.
- Pop in the freezer for 2 hrs until solid then remove from the moulds and store in the fridge.