Super Healthy Kale and Red Cabbage Salad
I’m a big fan of a big crunchy veg based salad like this kale and red cabbage salad; packed with nutritious veggies, quick to make and filling because I added quinoa (you could add brown rice or pulses if you prefer). And I absolutely love adding lots of textures and flavours which really makes a salad something special. Here’s why I love all the ingredients in this one;
Red cabbage – a deliciously crunchy, healthy and economical base.
Kale – super healthy and really tasty sautéed in some sesame oil.
Quinoa – protein packed and filling.
Seeds and nuts – for the all important crunch
Extras – I love adding some flavour packed extras like olives, capers, gherkins and sundried tomatoes.
This is big and filling enough on its own but it’s also delicious as part of a big mezze with flatbreads, hummus, guacamole and my red pepper dip.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 4 big handfuls organic kale – stalks removed (as much as you can)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup olives
- 2 tbsp sliced gherkins
- 1/2 cup semi or dried tomatoes
- Tahini dressing
- Delicious on its own or served with;
- Red pepper dip
- Add the sesame oil to a frying pan then saute the kale on a medium heat for a few minutes until wilted down. Remove from the pan.
- Chop the veg then add everything to a large bowl. Stir in the kale and toss everything together.
- Divide onto two plates for a big salad or four as as an accompaniment. Drizzle over the tahini dressing.
- Yummy on its own or with lots of dips and flatbread.