Super Green Pea & Mint Soup
I have been making this Super Green Pea & Mint soup for years now and its still one of my favourites. Its super healthy, full of plant proteins and really easy to make. Plus I love the vivid green colour, you just know its good for you!
The great thing about this soup is that you can pretty much throw in any additional green veggies you want and it will taste deliciously like pea and mint. I love this as the more additional veg I can add in the better so I can really ramp up the green goodness.
I particularly like to add in spinach, courgette and sugar snap peas (for a pea super charge!) however green beans and leftover lettuce also works really well.
This soup is really wholesome and satisfying, a perfect for winter lunch.
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 2 onions chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 1 courgette chopped
- 2 cups sugar snap peas chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock (I use vegan Swiss bouillon)
- 1.5 pints of water
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Handful mint
- Tahini dressing
- Pine nuts
- Place the onions & olive oil into a saucepan and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgette and sugar snap peas and fry for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Next add the bouillon to a pint of boiling water, stir and add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Throw in the peas and the spinach – when the spinach has wilted take off the heat and add the mint, salt and pepper.
- Blitz with a hand blender or food prosessor until smooth.
- Delicious served with tahini dressing, pine nuts and sourdough or flatbread.