Super Green Avocado Pizza (Vegan & Gluten Free)
If you love pizza and love avocado like me then you’re going to love this one! Super green avocado buckwheat pizza topped with yet more avocado, olives, pine nuts and rocket. It certainly ticks all my boxes.
This recipe came about as I decided to add some mashed avo to my pizza dough completly randomly last year and wow it’s so good. It makes the base much more moist and soft than my usual buckwheat base so it’s such a nice addition – and its tastes amazing of course!
You can of course add any of your favourite toppings; tomato sauce, hummus etc but I love popping yet more mashed avocado on top. I then added some olives, toasted pine nuts and peppery rocket. I also added some delicious beetroot kraut…yum!!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 ripe avocado
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buckwheat organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- Toasted pine nuts
- Remove the flesh of the avocado and add to a medium sized bowl. Mash up the avocado then remove half and add it to another bowl.
- Add a sqeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to one bowl.
- To the other bowl add in the buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt and pepper. Mix throughly, then keep adding a little water and mixing until you get a dough (if its too sticky add some more flour).
- Flour a chopping board then kneade the dough for a couple of minutes. Form the dough into a disc shape with your fingers by pressing into shape.
- Heat a frying pan to medium to high and carefully add the pizza base to the pan with a spantular.
- Cook on each side for a couple of minutes the remove from the pan.
- Top with smashed avocado, olives, pine nuts and rocket (or toppings of your choice)