Strawberry Oat and Chia Pudding with Stawberry Compote for #WakeUpToOrganic
More strawberries for breakfast guys! And another super delicious breakfast recipe for the WakeUpToOrganic campaign for the Organic Trade Board and The Soil Association. I love supporting this campaign – you can find more details in here but essentially lots of bloggers and chefs around the country will be creating delicious organic breakfasts at independent retailers to help raise awareness of the benefits and eating organic produce.
So this is my second breakfast recipe and its also a make ahead one; strawberry oat and chia pudding topped with warm and gooey strawberry and blueberry compote. The mix of chilled and creamy oats with warm fruit of incredibly delicious and nourishing.
If you’ve tried chia pudding before and you’re not sure about the texture then this may a great way to eat it, as when the chia is mixed with oats and soaked overnight they combine and you get a lovely creamy texture. I also add almond butter and finely chopped strawberries the result is a super delicious strawberry delight.
The amount I’ve made can be divided into two or if you fancy a bigger portion just eat it all yourself! So delicious!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1/3 cup Flahavan’s Organic porridge oats
- 2 tbsp Organic burst chia
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Meridian almond butter
- 1 cup Rude health almond milk
- 3 organic strawberries chopped into small cubes
- For the compote;
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Splash water
- Add the oats, chia, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut to a mason jar and stir to combine.
- Then pour in the almond milk then dollop in the almond butter. Stir throughly to break up the nut butter then add in the strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate all night.
- To make the compote;
- Add the strawberries blueberries, water and maple syrup to a sauce pan and simmer on a low heat until the berries have broken down a deliciously jammy compote.
- Remove the chia pudding from the fridge and losen with a little almond milk (I also stirred some Acai powder in) you can divide into two for two smaller portions of just eat it all your yourself topped with the warm compote!