Speedy Lentil and Bean Chilli with Nachos
This is another one of my quick and easy week night dinners which makes hubby Andy very happy. Happy because it’s super tasty, feels a bit naughty and so comforting (although it’s super healthy). Plus it has lots of protein from the lentils and beans, happy days! Once again I’m using tinned organic lentils and beans for super speed here but if you’d prefer you can use dried beans which have been soaked overnight or dried lentils – just cook for 20 minutes rather than 10.
I think the key to a good chilli isn’t just making the chilli it’s self really tasty it’s all the things that go with it which make the meal amazing ie avocado or guacamole, hummus, flatbreads, nachos, cashew cheese etc
It’s all about the layering of different textures and flavours and scooping everything up together in delicious mouthfuls.
Have you ever made nachos from wraps before? My lovely super foodie friend introduced this idea to me a while ago and they’re so easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. All you need to do is slice up some wraps of choice (I like using wheat and gluten free options like BFree wraps or corn wraps). Spray with some olive oil spray and a little smoked paprika and bake the in oven for 10 minutes. They turn out perfectly crisp and perfect for dipping a you’ve got to try it!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp harrisa paste
- 1 can of organic black beans drained.
- 1 can organic green lentils
- 1 bottle of organic pasata
- 1 courgette chopped
- 2 organic peppers chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Handful olives
- Fresh chillies
- Cashew cheese
- 2 gluten free wraps -corn, bfree quinoa and chia wrap
- Olive oil spray
- Sprinkle smoked paprika
- Add the oil to your saucepan on a medium heat then add in the onion. Fry for 8-10 minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and spices and cook for a further few minutes then add in the veg to your pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the harissa paste and stir to combine. Then add in the beans, lentils and pasata and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the maple syrup and lime.
- Stir in coriander to serve.
- To make the nachos;
- Preheat your oven to a medium heat (gas Mark 5 for me)
- Cut the wraps into triangles – 8 per wrap then place on a baking tray.
- Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 10 minutes until crisp.