Seeded pistashio & squash galette
This seeded pistashio & squash galette recipe is an adaptation from Anna Jones ‘A modern way to eat’ (which is a fantastic cookbook). This galette is super tasty, wholesome & vegan. Once you’ve mastered the base the possibilities for toppings are endless. I have used roasted butternut squash, cherry tomatoes and baby kale here.
- 100g pistachio or walnuts
- 100g seeds 100g vac packed chestnuts
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoon maple syrup
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Salt & pepper
Avocado pesto topping
- 1 avocado
- I pack of fresh basil
- I garlic clove
- Handful of pinenuts
- 1 small butternut squash or pumpkin sliced
- Handful of Baby Kale
- Handful or pinenuts
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/Gas 6
- Roast the squash on a baking tray for 30-40 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper
- For the galette crust, put the nuts, seeds on a baking tray and roast for 5 minutes
- Remove the nuts and then blitz them in a blender with all the other base ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with a baking paper and then tip the paste onto a baking paper and shape with your hands (nearly to the edge of the baking tray). Prick the dough with a fork and then cook for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the avocado pesto, blitz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Season to taste.
- Once the galette has cooled a little, spread the pesto topping and then scatter over all the toppings. Delicious