Salted Peanut Butter Buckwheat Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
How cute are these salted peanut butter Christmas cookies? Not only are they really easy to make, they’re vegan, gluten free and taste yummy. The cookies are slightly sweet/savoury which I love. The cookies themselves are slightly savoury and crumbly and combined with the dark but sweet vegan chocolate are amazing.
I love using buckwheat flour as you probably know; this naturally gluten free, high protein flour is so versatile and deliciously nutty.
Making these really helped me get in the festive mood, love cookies at Christmas! We’re off to Spain again for Christmas this year and I can’t wait to get there and relax, cook, and walk in the beautiful mountains.
I hope you like these xx
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- ½ cup organic peanut butter – I used Whole Earth Crunchy
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted – I used Coconut Merchant
- ¼ cup maple syrup, coconut syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp. lacuma (optional)
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 sup cold water (more if needed to create a dough)
For the Chocolate sauce
- 1 bar vegan chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4/350° and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add the peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond essence to a bowl and mix to combine. Add in the flour, lacuma (optional) and salt and mix well.
- Add in the water and mix again to form a dough. If its too crumbly keep adding in a little water until it comes together.
- Sprinkle a chopping board with flour and them roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick (you might need to do this in batches).
- Cut out using cookie cutters and place on the baking trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the vegan chocolate in a saucepan VERY gently. Pour into a bowl then dip the cookies in the chocolate. Set aside on the baking trays to cool completely.