Salted Peanut Butter Banana Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Who doesn’t like a peanut butter cookie? Ok maybe just me, but you probably already know I’m complete peanut butter addict so these little soft and gooey peanut butter, banana and choc chip cookies are like yummy bites of heaven for me.
The cookies are simply sweetened by the juicy dates and ripe banana’s so no added sugar at all but they’re no less sweet. In fact I always like add a little salt to counter the sweetness and give that gorgeous sweet and salty taste. These cookies make a delicious snack or I like to eat them for breakfast with some coconut yogurt, seeds and berries. And great on the go of course, or just because…
In other news I’m just on the way back from London where I had a super exciting meeting with my agent! We’re going to be working on a proposal for a book – how exciting it that! It’s always been my dream to have a cookbook guys, I hope you’d like it too?
Speaking about recipes, working freelance and from home is very different to my previous more structured working day but I’m hoping it’s going to free up some more time of recipe creation. I’m so excited to get some pickles and ferments on the go this week and I was also really inspired by the lovely Maya last weekend who makes her own Kombutcha! I’ve got to try it, and I’ve already ordered my scoby. So excited.
I hope you like these as much as I do xx
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted or dates soaked to soften for a few hours
- 3 small ripe bananas or 2 large
- 3 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4/350°.
- Pop the dates into your food processor or high speed blender and blitz until you get a paste.
- Next add in the banana, nut butter, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Blitz again for a minute or so.
- Add in the oats and ground almonds and pulse so that everything is combined.
- Finally add in the seeds and cacao nips and pulse a couple of times to mix through.
- Grease your baking tray with a little coconut oil then wet your hands before scooping up chunks of the mix with your hands then place on the baking tray. Continue until you have used up all the mix.
- Flaten the cookies a little then bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before eating – if you can!