Roast Cauliflower and Butternut Squash with Tahini Dressing
Roast cauliflower is really popular in middle eastern cuisine typically served with a tahini dressing, I love it. If you haven’t tasted it before I think you will be surprised just how tasty it is.
Cauliflowers are one of my favourite vegetables as they really versatile and satisfying. I love them roasted, and made into cauliflower rice or as a light & grain free pizza base.
I love this recipe (its inspired by recipes I have been experimenting with from Ottolengi’s Jerusalem and Moro). The combination of the cauliflower and the butternut squash makes it a really substantial meal but it’s great with just the cauliflower or with roasted chickpeas.
The tahini dressing can also be used as a delicious salad dressing and once you’ve tasted roasted cauliflower I’m sure you’ll be a convert – its amazing!
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into small florets
- 1 butternut squash chopped into cubes (leave the skin on)
- 3 tbsp oilive oil
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7
- Mix the cauliflower & butternut squash with the olive oil and salt & pepper. Spread out on a roasting tray (you may need two depending on the size of your trays).
- Roast for 40-50 minutes , until the cauliflower is crisp and has turned golden brown.
- Dry fry the pine nuts in a pan until nice and toasted.
- To make the tahini dressing, put all the ingredients in a mini chopper and blend until smooth. Loosen with water.
- Delicious served with flatbreads and hummus.