Roast Cauliflower with Edamame And Spinach Mash
This recipe is yet another delicious way to eat roast cauliflower. As you know cauliflower is one of my favourite veggies as it’s incredibly versitlie – not to mention delicious. I love roast cauliflower on its own simply topped my tahini dressing – my go to way to eat roast cauliflower its so simple and never dissapoints but I thought I’d mix it up a bit today and add some more spices and serve it on a bed of super green edamame and spinach mash.
What can I say about this mash – it’s so good! I added the juice of a whole lemon with adds so much freshness and zing. Andy sometimes says I add too much lemon but I think it always lifts a dish and brings the flavours together. I also added a tbsp of whole grain mustard which I absolutely love (whole grain mustard is also great in sweet potato and cauliflower mash). I’m sure this gorgeously green edamame mash would be amazing dolloped on toast, on top of roast sweet potato or as a super healthy sandwich filling.
One of the reasons I love this sort of meal is that it not only tastes amazing but I know it’s doing me lots of good – packed with nutrient rich veggies and pulses. I would love to hear what you think…
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Edamame and spinach mash;
- 2 cups edamame defrosted
- 2 handfuls organic spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- Spicy roast cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower broken up
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pre heat your oven to a medium heat.
- Brake up the cauliflower and add you a baking tray. Sprinkle with slices and olive oil, mix everything up to coat well.
- Roast for approx 40 minutes, turning occasionally.
To make the edamame and spinach mash;
- Add all the ingredients apart from the water to your food processor or high speed blender and blitz. Add the water and blitz again, add more water until you get the consistency you like.