Roast Cauliflower with Crushed Celeriac and Caper Dressing
I’m not sure if I’ve told you yet but I’m training to be a health coach with the amazing Institute for Integrative Nutrition (you can learn more on their YouTube channel) I only started studying in May but I’ve already learnt so much. Food, health and nutrition have been my life long passions so I’m incredibly happy to be learning more about holistic health and wellbeing. Which I believe will enhance my life immeasurably and I hope I can pass on some of my learning’s to you too.
This recipe came about as I was wondering around the supermarket and I was inspired to buy a celeriac the other day, I’ve always loved the flavour but rarely cook with it but I can honestly say that crushed celeriac is a revelation and it’s utterly delicious! Have you tried it before? I can’t rave about it enough, so flavoursome, wholesome and moreish. When combined with roasted cauliflower steaks and a gorgeously tangy green dressing of capers, lemon, gherkins, fresh herbs and garlic it’s just amazing.
If you don’t like the indredients in the dressing or would prefer it without that’s no problem – it’s really delicious without as well.
I think this is veggie comfort food at its best, wholesome root veg slow cooked for maximum flavour. This would make a great veggie Sunday lunch, there’s no way you’d miss meat. I’d love to hear what you think!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Dressing ingredients;
- Handful mint and coriander chopped up
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 gherkins chopped finely2 tbsp capers
- 6 tbsp oil oil
- Sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- 1 clove garlic sliced finely
- Roast cauliflower;
- 1 small cauliflower – sliced into 4 chunky steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- Crushed celeriac;
- 1 celeriac – peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- Bunch fresh thyme – woody bits removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Smoked sea salt or sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat your oven to a medium heat then pop the cauliflower steaks and garlic onto a large baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the oil then bake for aprox 40 – 50 minutes (ovens vary so keep an eye on the cauliflower – it should be crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- To make the crushed celeriac;
- Add the oil to as large saucepan with the thyme, garlic and celariac. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes them add in the water and simmer covered for 25 minutes
- Turn off the heat and either crush the celeriac with a fork a little or you could pulse in a food processor a couple of times if you would prefer a purée.
- To make the dressing;
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, replace the lid and shake to combine.