Red Thai Curry Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
I had a bit of a soup disaster the other day.. I’m actually not sure what happened but the taste just wasn’t right. I left some for my husbands lunch and he very politely told me that it was not my best!
No such issues with this super yummy Thai red curry sweet potato and carrot soup – it’s a winner! I love the combination of delicious wholesome sweet potato and carrots with the spicy curry paste and creamy coconut milk. This satisfying soup can be whipped up in less than 30 mins, and makes a good four portions.
The Thai red curry paste can be quite spicy so you could add more coconut milk if you like. Swirl some in at the end with some crushed peanuts and coriander like I have.
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil – I used coconut merchant
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- Thumb grated ginger
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into inch cubes
- 3 large carrots or 5 small chopped into inch cubes
- 2 pints veg stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Back pepper
- Squeeze lime
- Handful coriander
- Handful crushed peanuts
- Fry the onion with the coconut oil on a medium heat until browning. Add in the garlic, ginger and Thai paste and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots and stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the veg is soft.
- Blitz with a hand blender or processor and then add in the coconut milk, salt and pepper and lime.
- Top with coriander, crushed peanuts and a swirl of coconut milk.