Raw Vegan Chocolate Bark
This vegan chocolate bark is so simple to make, tastes amazing and looks simply stunning.
Instead of using dairy based chocolate it’s made with coconut oil and raw cacao powder. All you need to do is melt some coconut oil, add some raw cacao powder, maple syrup, almond butter (or peanut), and hey presto once you have popped it in the freezer for 15 minutes you have chocolate bark.
I’m going to dinner with friends tonight and I’m on pudding duty. I’ve made a pistachio kulfi (non vegan), some nut and chocolate bites and this raw chocolate bark. I’m attempting to convince my friends that vegan desserts can be just as delicious as dairy and it’s a challenge – when I made vegan desserts for these guys last year the reception was mixed but I have been honing my skills since then so I can’t wait to see what they think. I will definitely get honest feedback!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter (or peanut)
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Sprinkle dried coconut
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup, and almond butter until smooth.
- Stir in the almonds, cashews, pistachios and salt.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking tray lined with greece proof paper.
- Top with the flaked almonds and coconut flakes
- Pop into the freezer for around 15 minutes, until frozen then break into big chunks
- It melts easily so store in the freezer until ready to eat.