Raw Tiramisu Cupcake Cheesecakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Having just spent nearly five weeks in India without any coffee (which wasn’t so bad but I strangely developed a taste for black tea), and the great thing is that now that I’m home I don’t seem to feel the need for the daily espresso or two that I used to have. Happy days.
However I have been thinking a lot about coffee desserts. I’m not sure what’s going on but it’s got me thinking about creating a raw tiramisu…
Now my husband Andy loves a tiramisu but I would usually chose something citrusy. However I do think that the combination of rich dark chocolate, coffee and vanilla is wonderful, so it had to be tiramisu.
So here it is – my latest dessert creation! Cute little raw vegan cupcake tiramisu cheesecakes and I’m really happy with the result. A deliciously crunchy, rich base with a gooey, chocolatey coffee mousse centre and creamy vanilla topping.
Once again I’ve added my little secret ingredient chestnuts to the mousse for extra richness and texture, you’ve got to try it. I also tried using silicone cup cake cases for the first time and they worked like a dream!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Base ingredients;
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao – I used Aduna
- 4 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp cold coffee
- Pinch Salt
- Chocolate layer;
- 2 tbsp raw cacao – I used Aduna
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chestnuts
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp cold coffee
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder, paste or essence
- 2 medjool dates
- Pinch sea salt
- Vanilla layer;
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Coconut cream
- To make the base blitz the almonds in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates, cacao, coffee and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to the bottom of 5 silicone cupcake cases. Press down firmly with you hands (don’t press the mix up the sides).
- Pop in the fridge while you make the filing.
- Wash out your food processor or high speed blender then add the chocolate layer ingredients then blitz until the cashews are super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Remove the bases from the freezer then top with half the chocolate mix. Return to the fridge to firm up.
- Wash out your food processor or high speed blender then add the vanilla layer ingredients, blitz until super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Remove the bases from the freezer then top with the vanilla layer.
- Return to the fridge for a few hours then top with coconut cream.