Raw Passion Fruit Pots (Vegan & Gluten Free)
I’m completely in love with these little passion fruit cheesecake pots. I got the idea from the super delicious passion fruit pots I buy from Wholefoods, I love recreating my own healthy version of shop bought desserts and ok they’re not exactly the same but they’re extremely yummy! Completely raw, vegan, refined sugar and gluten free.
The super creamy dreamy vanilla cashew layer works so well with the crunchy sweet base and then the sharp passion fruit topping cuts through the sweetness. So good.
This amount makes little four little pots worth and I think they would make the perfect little individually portioned desserts for after dinner or great to take to work for a sweet treat. I just re-used the pots from the shop bought deserts, the contents are now in our belly’s and the pots are ready to be used again for my next batch!
I’ve made these lovely little pots a few times now and have alternatated between leaving the passion fruit seeds in and removing them (I know they can be off putting for some people), entirely up to you! I hope you love these as much as I do x
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Base ingredients;
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 medjool dates
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Cheesecake layer;
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 passion fruits
- To make the base blitz the walnuts in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates, coconut, buckwheat and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to some small glass pots (I used 4 recycled mini dessert pots with lids). Press down firmly with your hands around 1/2 inch think. Pop the pops in the fridge while you make the filing.
- Wash out your food processor or high speed blender then add the cashews then blitz until the cashews are super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add in the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, lemon juice, and almond milk. Blitz again until combined well.
- Remove the pots from the fridge then top with half the cheesecake mix. Return to the fridge while you make the topping.
- Slice the passion fruits in half and scoop out the juice and seeds into a bowl. Either add the juice and seeds to a sieve with a bowl underneath and mash so that the seeds remain in the sieve or if you’re happy to keep the crunchy seeds simply remove the pots from the fridge and top with the passion fruit juice.
- Return to the fridge for a few hours to firm up.