Raw Pad Thai Salad (Vegan & Gluten-free)
Do you ever crave something really fresh, light and super healthy? I certainly do, especially after the weekend where I will have invariably over indulged and eaten much more than I do in the week. This raw Pad Thai satisfies all my cravings – packed full of colourful veggies, incredibly healthy and nutritious and tastes amazing. And leaves you feeling virtuous!
This Pad Thai is also really satisfying because of the tofu, edamame beans and crunchy seeds which add some excellent plant based protein. And, you’ve got to try this quick spicy peanut sauce! It’s so easy to make and packs a flavour punch (also great with noodles and crunchy salads).
I lightly sautéed kale here, but if you want to be 100% raw use Baby Kale which you don’t need to cook.
- 1 pepper chopped into strips
- 1 courgette spiralised
- 1/4 cup red cabbage finely chopped into strips
- 1/4 cup sugar snaps chopped
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1/4 cup radishes chopped
- 1/4 cup firm tofu chopped into squares
- 1/4 cup edamame (pop them in a sieve and run them under the hot tap to defrost)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sprinkle of chili flakes
- Handful of corriander
- 1/2 cup kale sautéd in a little sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 red chili
- Inch square ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Firstly spiralise your courgette and add to a large bowl (you can use a mandoline if you don’t have a spiraliser).
- Chop all the veggies and tofu and add those as well.
- Place the edamame in a sieve and pour hot water over them to defrost, then add to the bowl.
- Saute the kale in a little sesame oil for a couple of minutes until it’s wilted (use baby kale if you want a 100% raw dish). Add to the bowl. Mix everything together.
- To make the dressing add all the ingredients to a mini chopper and blitz to a paste. Add 1/4 cup water to loosen the paste to a dressing ( you may want to add more if you prefer a thinner sauce).
- Divide the pad thai into two bowls and sprinkle over the seeds and coriander. Dress with the delicious dressing.