Raw Matcha Cheesecake (Vegan & Gluten free)
I absolutely love matcha, not only is it super healthy and packed with anti oxidants it’s distinctive taste works so well in food. Some of my favourite ways to use it are; matcha latte oats (I can’t get enough of this delicious breakfast), matcha banana ice cream, matcha lattes (of course) and now this delicious matcha cheesecake.
My matcha cheesecake is super easy to make and tastes amazing, the creamy matcha cashew topping combined with some creamy coconut cream & vanilla powder really enhances the matcha flavour. I also decided to add some rich raw cacao to the base so that not only is crunchy it’s also chocolatey. Happy days! I hope you enjoy this one…
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Topping ingredients;
- 2 cups soaked organic cashews (at least four hours) 300g
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsp premium grade matcha – I used Organic Burst
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil – very gently melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- Base ingredients;
- 1 cup organic almonds
- 1/4 cup organic desiccated coconut – I used Coconut Merchant
- 3 tbsp Organic buckwheat groats
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- Pinch sea salt
- To make the base blitz the almonds in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates, almond butter, buckwheat, coconut, cacao and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to your a pie tin. (I used a 10 inch pie tin). Press down firmly with you hands (don’t press the mix up the sides).
- Pop the tray in the freezer while you make the filing.
- Wash out your food processor or high speed blender then add the cashews then blitz until the cashews are super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add in the coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and matcha. Blitz again until combined well.
- Remove the base from the freezer then top with the lemony mix. Return to the freezer to firm up – at least an hour.