Raw Kiwi Matcha and Lime Cheesecake Slices (Vegan & Gluten Free)
One of the best parts are being a blogger is getting to try lovely new products like these gorgeous little golden kiwis. So I was excited to get my delivery last Saturday and start creating a recipe with the new SunGold kiwi which is a lovely yellow fleshed fruit which makes such a nice change to the usual green – the other cool thing about this variety is that don’t have to remove the skin as its lovely and soft and not furry! Hurray!
So you may have noticed that I’m a big fan of citrus based desserts? The thing I absolutely love is the combination of creamy texture and zingy taste, so these gorgeous kiwi matcha and lime cheesecake squares tick all my boxes! A nutty sticky base with two layers of creamy topping; the first one is lovely and fresh and the second has some extra special added ingredients – matcha and the lovely golden kiwis.
I think that adding the kiwis to the top brings a great hit of yummy kiwi flavour. This is Andy’s contribution to the description by the way – he’s taste tested hmmm maybe four slices so far!
Of course it goes without saying that these are simple to make and free from refinded sugar, dairy and gluten. I hope you like them guys, they’re so good! Xx
Here’s some more info about the golden kiwis (from SunGold themselves!)
The SunGold kiwifruit is one of the most nutritionally dense fruits, containing x3 times more vitamin c than orange
They are the perfect little nutritious fruit and a great way to start the day, given they are high in fibre
The Zespri® SunGold yellow fleshed kiwifruit, is being stocked at all major supermarkets* in the UK till September.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Base ingredients;
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 10 medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- Cheesecake layer;
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Juice 1 lime
- Juice 2 lemons
- Zest 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 kiwi – I used SunGold
- 2 tsp matcha
- 1 kiwi – I used SunGold
- To make the base blitz the almonds and walnuts in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to a medium high edge baking tray lined with cling film. Press down firmly with you hands (don’t press the mix up the sides).
- Pop the tray in the fridge while you make the filing.
- Wash out your food processor or high speed blender then add the cashews then blitz until the cashews are super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add in the lemon and lime juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and lemon zest. Blitz again until combined well.
- Remove the base from the freezer then top with half the lemony mix. Return to the fridge to firm up.
- Add the kiwi and matcha to the remaining mix and blitz to combine.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and top with the kiwi and matcha mix smoothing right into the edges.
- Return to the fridge for a few hours then top with kiwi slices and cut into squares.
I may be compensated for endorsing, recommending or reviewing products or ingredients and / or some links on this page may contain affiliate links which helps support my work in bringing you tasty healthy vegan recipes. All endorsements, recommendations, products and ingredients are ones that I personally use and love.