Raw Creamy Lemon and Almond Slices (vegan & gluten free)
I love lemon; lemony water which I have without fail every morning, super lemony hummus, lemon squeezed into curries and dals, lemon in pretty much everything and I really love these amazingly lemony and delicious lemon slices.
The creamy lemony cashew topping is just gorgeous and combined with the nutty almond base is so delicious. These lovely little slices are totally addictive so be warned. But don’t worry they’re refined sugar and gluten free and protein packed. I ate two for breakfast yesterday – opps!
My lemon slices couldn’t be easier to make as well.. Just a matter of blitzing and chilling. I hope you like these as much as I do!
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Topping ingredients;
- 1 cup soaked cashews (at least four hours)
- Juice 1 lemon
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Zest 1 unwaxed organic lemon
- Base ingredients;
- 1 cup organic almonds
- 5-6 medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp almond essense
- Pinch sea salt
- To make the base blitz the almonds in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates, almond essence and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Line a baking tray with cling film or parchment paper then tip the mix into the tray. Press down firmly with you hands. I would go for around 10 cm thickness for the base.
- Pop the tray in the freezer while you make the filing.
- Wash out then add the cashews to your food processor or high speed blender and blitz until the cashews are super creamy.. This may take a few minutes and you will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add in the lemon and lime juice, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and lemon zest. Blitz again until combined well.
- Remove the base from the freezer then top with the lemony mix. Return to the freezer to firm up – at least an hour.