Raw Christmas Mini Puddings with Coconut Cream and Pomegranate (vegan and gluten free)
If you love Christmas pudding like me you’re going to love these! Although I’m not really a fan of heavy Christmas food, Christmas pudding is one of those tradional celebration dishes I absolutely love and look forward to.
Of course it’s usually oozing with brandy or rum and traditionally suet but mine is a healthier raw vegan version with lovely juicy soaked fruits, ground almonds, lots of festive spices and orange juice for a lighter feel (but no less special).All topped off with some creamy coconut cream and popping jewels of pomegranate. Amazing.
These delicious little puds are packed with juicy Christmas fruit; dates, figs, goji berries, apricots, cranberries and raisins. Then mixed with a warming and aromatic combination of spices; cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves and lots of fresh ginger.
Plus the puddings couldn’t be easier to make, all you need to do is soak the fruit for a few hours until they get nice and juicy, squeeze out the excess liquid and blitz to a chunky paste then mix with the dry ingredients (plus a few extras for texture).
They then need a few hrs to chill and firm up in the fridge but after that you can eat with some coconut cream and bursting pomegranates like I have here, or keep it in the fridge for a few days for the flavours to meld together and develop further.
I also think these yummy little puds would be amazing with some quick banana icecream and vanilla.
If you make these I would love to hear what you think and if you love them as much as I do.
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 150g dried dates
- 15g goji berries
- 50g organic figs
- 50g organic apricots
- 40g cranberries
- 40g Raisins
- 10 g yellow raisins
- 50 g Almonds
- 2 tbsp Chia
- 2 tbsp Flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground Cloves
- Juice 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp Ginger gratedMix in at the end;
- 2 tbsp Yellow raisins
- 2 tbsp cashews
- Pinch sea saltToppings;
- Pomegranate seeds
- Star aniseFor the coconut cream;
- 4 tbsp organic unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- A little water
- Pop the dried fruit in a large bowl, cover with water and soak for 2-3 hrs until soft.
Squeeze the excess liquid out of the fruit then blitz in a food processor for a few pluses until roughly mixed.
- Add the whole almonds to the cleaned food processor and blitz until you get a fine grain the add to a large mixing bowl. Add all the other dry ingredients then mix to combine.
- Then add in the grated ginger, soaked mixed fruit, orange juice and additional raisins, cashews and salt. Stir thoroughly to combine everything.
- Grease small ramakins (I used 4 small) with some coconut oil then spoon in the mixture. Press firmly down then cover with cling film and pop in the fridge to firm up for a few hrs.
To make the coconut cream;
- Add the coconut and a little water to a mini chopper or blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- When you’re ready to eat the puddings; remove the cling film, run a knife around the outside of the ramakin and then turn them upside down and shake gently to turn out.
- Drizzle with coconut cream and pomegranates seeds. Enjoy x