Raw Cheese Tarts (Vegan & Gluten Free)
The idea for these raw savoury cheesy tarts have been hanging around in my head for a little while now – do you ever have that? An idea for a recipe which you keep coming back to and eventually you’ve just got to make it…hmm might just be me!
My theory was that I could make a delicious savoury tart base in the same way I make my usual raw cheesecake bases – just swap the sweet dates for something savoury and moist to stick everything together. So I thought that sun dried tomatoes would do just the job.
And it worked! The tomatoes bind everything together beautifully and is so satisfyingly savoury. My cheesy tart filling of cashew cheese is so good – really rich and cheesy, great served with a light salad to counter the richness. I’ll definitely be making these yummy little tarts again – I’m thinking that my vegan pesto, hummus or red pepper dip would also be super delicious fillings.
I have some big news guys! A few weeks ago now I took the crazy/scary/exciting decision to hand my notice in at my marketing job to follow my passion and develop my blog (so recipe development, photography, writing, workshops, etc etc.) Plus work with Andy to develop our food consultancy business and continue to develop my nutritional knowledge with my health coach training.
I can’t tell you how excited I am, but it’s really big move for me as I’ve always worked for big companies and had a regular income – but I feel like I’ve got to see where my heart takes me 💕 Thank you all for your support, love Niki
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Cashew cheese filling;
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. dijon mustard
- Pinch Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 flax seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- Twist black pepper
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeastToppings Cherry tomatoes
- Add all the base ingredients to your food processor and blitz until the mix comes together. Remove the mix and divide into four. Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases (I used 9cm) and up the sides. Pop in the fridge while you get the filling ready.
- Clean your food processor then add all the cheese filling ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Top the tarts with the filling then pop them back in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Eat as they are or top woth cherry tomatoes, olives, fresh herbs Etc