Raw Cauliflower Rice Salad
I have been really inspired by the many amazing raw food restaurants you can find in Barcelona serving truly delicious, fresh and healthy food, not to mention an amazing raw food evening at the Warehouse Café in Birmingham earlier in the year, the food was just so fresh, light and delicious.
Not only does raw food taste great I believe that there are many health benefits from including it in your diet.
I have started to include more raw veggies in my salad lunches such as raw crunchy salads with red cabbage, carrot, sugar snaps and healthy slaws.
This raw spicy cauliflower rice recipe is really fresh, crunchy and make’s you feel great! And you would not believe how good the raw cauliflower rice is!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes
- 1/2 cup spring onions
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- Himalayan salt
Garnish – extra mint, cilantro, lime wedges, and chopped peanuts
- Place cauliflower florets into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse until it finely chopped and transfer to a large bowl. Add the radishes, cucumber, carrots, red pepper, peanuts, herbs, chili, spring options, and shallot. Toss to combine.
- In a mini chopper blend together the lime juice, olive and sesame oils, ginger, and garlic, and a good pinch of salt. Pour over the vegetables and toss.