Raw Carrot Cake Balls
I love these raw Carrot Cake balls and hope that you will too, essentially if you like carrot cake (I certainly do!) then you’re going to love these deliciously moist, cinnamon spiced balls of goodness. In fact you wont believe that they are raw, vegan, gluten and dairyfree! I’ve just tried them out on my friend Lisa and she loved them. In fact she had two, or was it three?
I used a teaspoon of fresh ginger this time and it really comes through but I may add more next time for a more intense ginger flavour.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 large grated carrot
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes (plus a little more for rolling the balls in)
- 1/3 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – more if you like extra zing!
- Add the nuts, dates and oats to your food processor and blitz until everything is broken up
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz again, the mix should be a little wet but not too wet (if it’s too wet add a sprinkle of oats).
- Form into balls roll in the coconut flakes.
- Pop into a tub and into the fridge for at least 2 hrs so that they firm up.