Quinoa Flour Pizza with Figs & Cashew Cheese (Vegan & Gluten Free)
I thought it was about time for a pizza recipe and I’m so excited about this one! I created the base for one of my newest clients Hodmedods who produce wonderfully delicious organic grains like yellow pea, green pea, fava bean and qionoa flour on their farm in Suffolk plus a range of pulses and cereals.
You may have seeen my latest obsession on Instagram – their amazingly green green pea flour. They make the best savoury pancakes ever.
I created this delicious quinoa flour pizza for Hodmedods and can’t wait to share my version of it with you.
The pizza crust has a few more stages than usual but it’s definitely worth it. Toasting the flour first really brings out its nutty flavour and removes any bitternes, and because we’re adding yeast the dough needs to prove a little before baking. The result is a deliciously crisp but still moist base and seriously tasty.
Topped with a classic tomato sauce, my creamy cashew cream, figs and peppery rocket this pizza packs a flavour punch and is packed with wholesome goodies.
I hope you like my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- Quinoa flour pizza;
- 2 cups Organic Hodmedods Quinoa Flour
- 180ml warm water
- 1 tsp quick yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Garlic granules – optional
- 1 tsp chilli flakes – optional
- To make the tomato sauce;
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 large tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Sprinkle chilli flakes
- To make the cashew cheese;
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. dijon mustard
- Pinch Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 fig sliced
- 4 tbsp cashew cheese
- Handful rocket
- Toast the quinoa flour in a large sauce pan on a low heat for 10 minutes – stirring frequently
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix then add in the water, honey and olive oil.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes. Leave to rest for at least 30 minutes in the bowl. This amount will make one large or two smaller pizzas.
- Line your baking tray/trays with baking paper and grease with oil. Pop the dough onto the tray and shape into a round or square.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove from the oven, pop on the tomato sauce and toppings and bake again for aprox 8 minutes.
- Finally top with the figs and rocket
To make the tomato sauce;
- To make the tomato sauce, add the onions and oil to a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Next add the tomatoes and turn up the heat for a couple of minutes. Turn down the heat a little and simmer for 20 minutes until reduced down.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
To make the cashew cheese;
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor then blitz until smooth and creamy.