Protein Packed Quinoa Salad
This is one of my favourite weekday packed lunches that I regularly make for work, I love it because it’s really tasty and the quinoa, beans, tofu and seeds means that it’s packed full of plantbased protein and keeps me going for hours.
I usually make a big batch of the basic mix and have that for lunch for a few days – I mix it up by adding different toppings and dressings.
This is one of my ‘cheat’ meals as sometimes I use packs of ready cooked quinoa – (I usually cook quinoa but having packs of pre-cooked in the cupboard is quite handy if your pushed for time).
I have also started to include more firm tofu in my salads as I’ve discovered a really delicious smoked variety. Again this is really handy to keep in the fridge as it has a long shelf life.
You can’t really go wrong with this one, any of your favourite salad ingredients or leftovers can be added and it still makes a delicious and substantial salad.
- 1 pack cooked quinoa
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes chopped
- 1/2 cup peppers chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can mixed beans rinsed
- 1/2 pack firm tofu (I like smoked) chopped into squares
- 1 cups kale or baby kale
- Optional tasty extra:
- Chopped olives
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pine nuts
- Lemon dressing:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Add the quinoa to a large bowl and the add all the chopped veg and tofu.
- To cook the kale, sauté in a pan for a couple of minutes with some oil until wilted. No need if your using baby kale- simply stir in.
- To make the dressing add all the ingredients to a jam jar and shake to combine.
- Add any extras, mix well and then stir in the dressing.
- This will make about 4 portions.