Pistachio and Matcha Ice Cream (Vegan)
New Years Resolutions – have you made any?
In previous years I haven’t really set any as I like to continually set little goals and intentions for myself, not just in January. But I do think it’s an opportunity to reflect, review and refocus.
I absolutely believe in the power of intention and manifesting your own reality, so for a change I have been very clear and written them down with timings – these range from very realistic to extremely challenging. But you’ve got to aim high, right?
And I’m joining a gym! It’s the first time in years as I love running outside and have lots of workouts at home but I but I thought it would be fun and we all need a bit of extra motivation sometimes?
And how about food resolutions or New Years eating plans? I’m doing some simple things; eating a little less, upping my veg intake, no processed food, just real wholefoods as usual, focusing on training more (i.e. Joining the gym) and cutting back on the glasses of wine. I know I’ll be feeling great again in no time at all.
And my first recipe of 2018 – Ice Cream! And this recipe is so simple I wasn’t sure if I warranted a seperate blog post., but as it tastes so amazing I decided it did. And simple is pretty good right?
My Pistachio and matcha icecream combines some of my favourite flavours. I’m mad for most pistachio desserts, kulfi, baklava.. mmm. And matcha anything and I’m in. So together, I’m a very happy lady. My ice cream is just a delicious blend of ripe frozen bananas, creamy coconut yogurt (or coconut cream for an even creamier result), lots of lovely pistachios, vibrant matcha and a splash of maple syrup. Delicious!
- 3 large ripe organic frozen bananas
- 1 tsp matcha
- 4 tbsp coconut yogurt/or coconut cream for extra creaminess
- 5 tbsp pistachios
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/essence
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut honey
- Crushed pistachios
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- Add the pistachios to your food processor and blitz quickly to break up , then add all the other ingredients to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape out into a 1 pound loaf tin or tub and then sprinkle with the pistachios and sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hrs.
- When you’re ready to eat it, remove and let it warm up for at least 15 minutes to soften so you can scoop it out.