Peanut Butter & Fig Slices With Pura Coconut Oil
It’s fig season! And I’m loving seeing so many gorgeous fig recipes and images floating across my screen.
I think there are many delicious fig recipes, but one of my favourite flavour combinations is peanut butter and figs, have you tried it? The combination of crunchy slightly salted peanut butter with juicy fresh figs is crazy good. Especially on toasted sourdough or rye bread.
So I thought about combining these flavours in a dessert. The result – delicious peanut butter and fig slices. A crunchy peanut butter and ground almond base with a deliciously sweet fig jam topping with fresh figs and baked. A match made in heaven.
I used super versatile Pura Coconut Oil in the base, which really helps to stick it all together so you get a gorgeous crunchy base. As you know the team at Pura Coconut kindly sent me some of their lovely products to try and challenged me to create some healthy and easy recipes. My veggie stir fry with peanut sauce is proving super popular, and I hope you like my peanut and fig slices as much as I do.
Here’s a little bit more about Pura Coconut
* Pura is also high in Omega 3, it is lower in saturated fat than traditional coconut oil.
* Pura Coconut Blend range includes two products: a liquid blend and a spray
* Pura Coconut Oil Blend is combined with Rapeseed and Sunflower oil
* Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend (500ml) – The liquid consistency is perfect for roasting,basting and frying. RRP £4.00
* Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend Spray (200ml) – The handy spray format offers portion control, making it a great choicefor stir frying and basting. RRP £2.50
* Stockist: Pura Coconut Oil Liquid Blend is available from Asda,Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
- 1.5 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp Pura coconut oil
- Fig Paste ingredients;
- 10 dried figs
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 fresh figs
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/350F and line an 8-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (ground almond, cononut ground flax seeds, seeds baking powder, and salt). In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut syrup, and coconut oil. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Press the the dough into the pan.
To make the paste;
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until you get a paste.
- Spread the paste over the base, then add the sliced fresh figs on top. Bake at gas mark 4/350F for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.