No Bake Almond Tarts
I’m sitting on the sofa with one of my lovely cats all cosy as its so cold and rainy outside. Perfect time to write up this recipe for my no bake almond tarts.
These delicious, dairy and refined sugar free tarts are so easy to make and taste amazing. They have a rich almondy taste from all the almonds in the base- whole almonds, ground almonds and almond essense, delicious! The vanilla filing is super creamy and I like to add a little lemon juice for a lovely lemony zing. Adding the coconut oil means that the filling will really firm up after it’s been in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. I topped these with gorgeous red currents but they would look pretty topped with any berries or fresh figs.
My hubby says that they are the best vegan dessert I make, he may be a bit biased but they are good!
- Base ingredients;
- 5 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Filling ingredients;
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt – I used Coyo
- Dash vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coconut oil – I used Coconut Merchant
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Red currents or any fresh berries
- Add the almonds to your food processor and blitz until they have broken down to a crumb. Add in all the other base ingredients and blitz again until everything is combined. The consistency should be quite sticky.
- Tip the base mix out and form into a ball. Divide into two then shape into two tart bases by firstly rolling into balls then flatten them with the palm of your hand. Turn up the corners to shape into tart bases.
- Pop the tart bases onto a plate and then refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the coconut oil in the saucepan on a very low heat.
- Wash out the food processor and add all the filling ingredients to the processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Take the bases out of the fridge and pour in the topping. Return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Top with your favourite fruits