Mini Pumpkin Pies (Raw, Vegan & Gluten Free)
I love this time of year when the leaves are falling, the air gets all crisp, my boots and woolen scraves come out and pumpkins start appearing in the shops. It seems like the varieties get better every year – I found the cutest mini pumpkins this year which have been the perfect prop for lots of my pics.
But no shop bought pumpkins in this recipe I’ll have you know. No, these were grown in our garden by Andy, and they are HUGE!
So clearly I needed to make a lot of pumpkin dishes, pumpkin soup immediately sprang to mind (of course) and then pumpkin hummus (as you know I can pretty much make hummus out of anything!) but then I really wanted to make a dessert as well…So it had to be pumpkin pie.
Do you like it? The classic version can be a bit sweet and heavy so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make my version which is super yummy and packed with healthy ingredients. Plus my recipe couldn’t be easier it’s just a matter of blending. Happy days.
The pie base is based on my tried and tested raw tart base and then the filing is a mix of pumpkin purée, coconut oil and lots of lovely spices. I’m not sure why but I actually thought there was something complicated about making pumpkin purée but of course not, you just peel and cube your pumpkin, boil until tender, blitz and voila! And then the purée which can be used for all sorts of yummy desserts.
I hope you like these as much as I do xx
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- For the pumpkin purée;
- 1 pumpkin
- For the cashew cream;
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- Pinch sea salt
- For the base;
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 medjool dates
- Pinch salt
- For the filling;
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 medjool date
To make the pumpkin purée;
- Peel the pumpin, cube and add to a pan of boiling water. Cook for 20 minutes or so until tender. Drain, allow to cool and then blitz to a purée.
To make the cashew cream;
- Pop all the cashew cream ingredients into your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little water if the consistency is a little thick.
To make the base;
- Add all the base ingredients to your cleaned food processor and blitz until the mix comes together.
- Remove the mix and then divide into a muffin tray lined with muffin cases (makes 6).
- Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases and up the sides. Pop in the fridge while you get the filling ready.
To make the filling;
- Clean your food processor then add all the filling ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling onto the bases then pop them back in the fridge to firm up a little.
- Top with a dollop of cashew cream and cinammon.