Matcha & Avocado Popsicles dipped in chocolate & crushed pistachios – With teapigs
I’m super happy to have teamed up with one of my favourite tea brands teapigs to get creative with their fantastic premium organic matcha.
The summer is coming so I decided to create some delicious matcha & avocado popsicles. They are super creamy and when dipped in raw dark chocolate and crushed pistachios it takes them to another level.
You probably already know that I’m a big fan of matcha green tea and I love adding it to smoothie bowls, overnight oats and I even like to add into my vanilla protein drink for extra anti oxidants and a gentle caffeine hit.
teapigs premium matcha is lovely and mild, perfect when using it in this sweet & creamy popsicle recipe. In fact for this recipe I’ve combined some of my all time favourite ingredients; matcha (of course), avocado and creamy blended cashews. The result is an incredibly soft & light popsicle with a fresh hint from the lime which lifts the flavour. They are also packed with healthy fats and protein, so a lovely healthy treat.
teapigs are running a campaign encouraging us to get creative with matcha through their #MatchaMustHaves campaign – showing just how versatile and simple it is to use. If you share your delicious matcha creations and use the #MatchaMustHaves you have the chance to win weekly matcha prizes throughout May and June.
Find out more about teapigs delicious Matcha here; https://www.teapigs.co.uk/matcha
Want to try teapigs Matcha? Here’s a 15% Discount Code:
Teapigs have kindly given me a discount code to get 15% off everything online!
(excludes multibuys/anything already discounted, one time use per customer. Expires 31st December 2017)
- 1 cup soaked cashews (at least 4 hs or overnight)
- 1 small avocado
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp coconut cream
- 1.5 tsp teapigs matcha
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 30g raw vegan chocolate
- Handful crushed pistachios
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blitz until smooth & really creamy.
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds insert sticks and transfer to freezer overnight.
To decorate your popsicles;
- Firstly gently melt the chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water in a saucepan.
- Run the popsicle molds under hot water for a few seconds to release the popsicles then lay them on some parchment paper. You may need to help release them with a knife.
- Quickly drizzle the chocolate over the bottom and sprinkle the crushed pistachios before the chocolate hardens.