Maple & Pecan Buckwheat Granola
I’ve been on the hunt for buckwheat groats for a few weeks so I was really happy when I found some in Holland and Barrett.
I love Buckwheat flour and use it regularly to make pancakes and flatbread. The inspiration to make Buckwheat Granola came from seeing lots of amazing breakfast recipes on Instagram for buckwheat groat porridge – so I just had to get some.
I actually made some porridge at the weekend and it was good but the recipe isn’t quite right yet, and I think this granola is better!
Buckwheat is gluten free, naturally high in plant proteins and has a delicious nutty texture and flavour which is perfect to make this crunchy nutty granola.
This granola is really easy and quick to make and super versatile ie sprinkled on yogurt, with almond milk and fruit or as a porridge topping.
- 1 cup rinsed buckwheat groats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to Gas mark 2/160C
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan
- Pop all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes mix the granola to ensure it toasts evenly then bake for a further 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!