Five Ingredient Raw Banoffee Pie (vegan and gluten free)
You don’t need lots of ingredients to make some truly delicious. My five ingredient raw banoffie pie is testament to that. I made it on my last day in Kerala as part of a farewell meal for the special ladies who were part of the cook book project and retreat, and as I was in India without my cupboard of goodies at home I wasn’t tempted to add in anything other than the core ingredients which I had to hand.
I couldn’t be more pleased of the result, a sweet, crunchy and slightly salty base topped with smooth, creamy and melting caramel banana icecream. A winning combination in my book..
To enhance the flavour is I firstly toasted the almonds for a deliciously toasty flavour and also used really ripe bananas. I topped my delicious pie with some pumpkin bliss balls and dollops of coconut cream (not in in pic 😜). The ladies absolutely loved it…
I hope you like this my recipe; if you recreate it tag on instagram with #rebelrecipes @rebelrecipes for a chance to be featured. Love Niki x
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- To make the base;
- 1 cup almonds
- 8 medjool dates of dried dates soaked for a couple of hrs
- Big pinch sea salt
- To make the filling;
- 2 large very ripe bananas chopped
- 2 medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamonOptional toppings;
- Dollops of coconut cream
- Bliss balls
To make the base;
- Add the almonds to a dry frying pan and gently toast on a medium heat for a few minutes. Stir continuously to avoid burning then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the almonds to your food processor and pulse a few times – you want a coarse mix with some crunchy bits. Tip them into a large bowl.
- Add the dates to the processor and blitz until you get a course paste. Add this to the almonds along with the salt.
- Get your hands in and squide to combine.
- Line a bread tin with parchment paper then press the mix into the base and about an inch up the sides. Alternatively use individual ramekins
- Pop into the fridge while you make the filing
To make the filing;
- Add two dates to you food processor and blitz, then add in the banana and cinnamon. Mix again until you get a really smooth and creamy filling.
- Remove the base from the fridge and spoon in the filing mix. Smooth the top then pop into the freezer for a few hrs to firm up.
- When you’re ready to eat it remove from the freezer and allow to warm a little so that the filling is a little gooey.
- Top with coconut cream.