Field Mushrooms with Kale Pesto and Courgetti
I was inspired by my friend Lisa to create this yummy grilled field mushroom with kale pesto and courgetti. The inspiration came last weekend when we went for a lovely walk in the Peak District and as usual we had lots of chats about health, exercise, life plans and of course food! She mentioned that one of her favourite quick and healthy dinners was grilled mushrooms with feta. Sounded delicious! As I love big juicy field mushrooms (especially sandwiched in some sourdough to make mushroom burgers) I decided to make my own vegan version with some cashew cheese and kale pesto.
It’s super tasty, light but really satisfying at the same time. I think it’s perfect on a bed of courgetti but my husband squished his mushroom into a flatbread to make a burger (he also had some sweet potato chips so he was very happy!).
I used cashew cheese and vegan kale pesto to top my mushrooms and I think it’s just as good – really tasty! But if you eat cheese then some feta or goats cheese would be amazing with these. You could also use any greens to make your pesto such as spinach, rocket or traditional basil.
If you like the content that I’m sharing on this blog, please subscribe to my updates above and follow me on Bloglovin!
- 1 courgette spiralised
- 2 field mushrooms
- 2 spring onions chopped quite finely
- Kale pesto
- Cashew cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- For the marinade;
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp tamind paste
- tsp chilli paste (or chilli flakes)
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Add in the mushrooms and coat well. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Make the kale pesto and cashew cheese.
- Grill the mushrooms for aprox 5 minutes on each side, turning half way through. Ensure they are cooked through.
- Spiralise the courgette and divide into two bowls. Add the chopped tomatoes and the spring onions.
- Top the grilled mushrooms with the cashew cheese and kale pesto (we can place the mushrooms back under the grill for a few minutes if you would like to).
- Place the filled mushrooms on the bed of courgette – enjoy!